Events Terms and conditions
By submitting a booking form or registering online, you/your organisation are agreeing to, and will comply with,the Learning and Work Institute’spayment terms andconditions.
- Completion of the online or paper registration form does not guarantee a place at the event or constitute a confirmedbooking.
- We will accept cancellations by writing or email (but not by phone) up to ten working days before the event, unless otherwise stated but will charge a £70+VATadministrationfee.
- After the specified event cancellation date, we cannot make any refunds. Outstanding invoices will be liable for payment infull.
- To amend or change a booking please write or email the change. Changes to your booking cannot be made over thetelephone.
- Events bookings made after the specified cancellation date arenon-refundable.
- Shared places are notpermitted.
- Places are allocated on a first come first servedbasis.
- Participants should be prepared to take their own notes as there may not be handouts for all sessions.
- Fifteen working days notice is required for provision of electronic note-takers, sign language interpreters and transcription to Braille.
A confirmation letter and joining details will be issued prior to the event. If you have not received confirmation of your booking within 48 hours of submitting your registration form, please contact the Events Team on 020 75827221.
he booking form constitutes a legally binding agreement. In the event of any situation that prevents a delegate’s attendance, for example transport strikes, adverse weather conditions, acts of God, terrorist attack or personal health,Learning and Work Institutewill not be held responsible and will not issuerefunds.
We try to be as inclusive as possible. If you find the charge for a delegate place a barrier to attending, please let the Learning and Work Institute’s Events Teamknow and we will do our best to see you are not excluded. Please however be advised that this offer can only be applied to individuals, unfunded academics and students, people between jobs, representatives of small charities and the like and cannot be extended to businesses, individuals funded by an organisation, or larger charities/not-for-profit companies. Please note Learning and Work Institute’s standard booking terms and conditions (including cancellationcharges).
At certain periods, delegates may be offered the opportunity to a discount when booking multipleevents.
- Discounts only apply where the same delegate is registering on multiple events.
- If you would like to send separate delegates from your organisation to attend different events, this discount will not bevalid.
- Promotional discounts can only be redeemed at time of the booking and not valid with any other discounts orcoupons.
Event bookings – cancellationdeadline
- Cancellation in writing is accepted ten working days prior theevent with administrationcharge of £70+VAT. Cancellations received within 10 working days of the event will be subject to the full fee.
Sponsorship and exhibition terms andconditions
- By completing the sponsorship and exhibition booking form, you/your organisation are agreeing to comply withLearning and Work Institute’spayment terms andconditions.
- We will accept cancellations by writing fax or email (but not by phone) before the sponsorship agreement issigned.
- If cancellation takes place after signing of the agreement,Learning and Work Institutewill try and sell the item of sponsorship. If the item is re-sold,Learning and Work Institutewill refund the sponsorship fee minus any cost incurred. If no sale is secured four weeks prior to the event date, the full sponsorship fee must bepaid.
- Hosting an exhibition entitle you to bring two members of staff to service your stand. Any additional staff must be registered to attend at the chargeable exhibitor rate.
- By completing a booking form, you/your organisation are agreeing to, and will comply with,Learning and Work Institute’spayment terms andconditions.
- We will accept cancellations by writing or email (but not by phone) up to two weeks (see below for specific dates) but will charge a fee of 50% of the cost of the stand. After the specified cancellation date, refund will not bemade.
- Outstanding invoices will be liable for payment infull.
- Learning and Work Instituteis happy to accept exhibitor replacements. You must write or email to inform us of these changes.Changes to your booking cannot be made over thetelephone.
A confirmation letter, exhibition details and joining details will be issued prior to the event. If you have not received them within ten working days of submitting your exhibition booking form, please contact the events department on 020 75827221.
The booking form constitutes a legally binding agreement. In the event of any situation that prevents your organisation from exhibiting, for example transport strikes, adverse weather conditions, acts of God, terrorist attack or personal health,Learning and Work Institutewill not be held responsible and is unable to offerrefunds.
You are entitled to bring two members of staff to service your stand. Any additional staff must be registered to attend at the chargeable exhibitor rate. In order to do this, please complete and return the booking form. An exhibitor pass will entitle your party to all catering and refreshments served within the exhibition area.
An exhibitor listing will be publicised in the final event programme. You must supply the required information by the deadline.Learning and Work Instituteis not able to assist with marketing or promotion of your stand in addition tothis.
You will be responsible for the cost of thefollowing:
- The fee for the standspace
- The fee for any additional staff (over and above the two permitted to man yourstand)
- Any additional items ordered by you at the venue or throughLearning and Work Instituteor other third partyorganisations.
For further information contact theLearning and Work Institute EventsTeam.