Positive Transitions: supporting young adult carers in learning and work
This invitation-only event will provide delegates with an opportunity to hear about latest developments in policy and practice which support young adult carers to make positive transitions in learning and work.
The event will bring together leading researchers, key stakeholders from Government, carers support services and the learning and skills sector, along with young adult carers, to reflect on the progress made over the last two years and identify priorities for the coming 12 months.
The morning will be attended by Her Royal Highness The Princess Royal, Patron of Learning and Work Institute.
The event will include:
- Updates on the latest policy developments affecting young adult carers.
- Insights from carers services and learning providers into effective practice in supporting young adult carers.
- Inputs from young adult carers on the support they have found most effective in education and work.
- Workshops introducing new and innovative approaches to supporting young adult carers.
- Discussions to identify and influence the priorities in policy and practice for the next 12 months.