Family Learning Inquiry
The resources below were created as part of the NIACE Inquiry into Family Learning that was launched in October 2012 to gather new evidence of the impact of family learning, to develop new thinking and to influence public policy. The resources make the case for family learning and can be used to make the case for family learning locally:
- A video of learners talking about the impact family learning has made in their lives.
- A summary of evidence to the Inquiry – showing how family learning supports a range of policy agendas including children’s achievement, health, and social integration.
- A review of the research evidence – in particular against adult and child achievement.
- The Inquiry report and summary – giving an overview of the Inquiry findings and making the case.
- Six briefing sheets on: family learning and adult skills and employability; children’s achievement; health; culture and sports; social integration; and the Welsh language.