Become a Partner
Learning and Work Institute is the UK’s national voice dedicated to championing the impact of learning and skills on employment and the economy. We think it’s even more vital today than it was when we first started nearly a century ago:
- The UK’s economic recovery depends on having a skills base that matches the needs of a modern economy. One-fifth of our economic growth in the last 20 years has been driven by skills.
- The UK lags internationally in skills league tables – 15th out of 34 in the OECD for literacy and 17th for numeracy, with one in five UK adults lacking these basic skills.
- Over the next 10 years there will be 13.5 million job vacancies in the UK labour market, but only 7 million new labour market entrants to fill them. Bridging that gap will mean more people working later in their lives.
- For most of the UK’s 5 million low paid workers, it will be 2020 or beyond before their living standards are back at pre-recession levels – they need opportunities to progress in work and boost UK productivity.
- By 2015, 90% of jobs in the EU will need basic computer skills, but half of UK adults lack these skills.
- With more devolution to English regions and major cities, more and more decisions about planning and funding for employment and skills will be influenced at a local level.
Becoming a Learning and Work Institute Partner will show your commitment to learning and skills, help you reach new audiences and policy makers, but most of all, help us deliver a lifelong learning society in which everyone has opportunities to learn throughout life and contribute to our community and the economy.
Partnership opportunities are free – all we need is your commitment to engage with us on campaigns and issues.
Sponsorship opportunities can be developed to meet your needs and your budget.
Just complete our simple registration form below and we will get in touch to talk about how you could:
- Join dozens of other organisations across all sectors and take part in Learning and Work Institute’s annual Festival of Learning.
- Increase your brand presence and sponsor our flagship campaign, Adult Learners’ Week, now in its 24th year.
- Sponsor or support our other learning and skills campaigns and policy work.
- Stay informed – with the latest policy briefings, news bulletins and outcomes from our research.
- Lend your organisation’s voice to the debate – through consultations, round tables, opinion former events.
- Keep your staff members’ professional skills up-to-date with conferences, events and bespoke in-house training.