The Local Education Authorities’ Forum for the Education of Adults
The Local Education Authorities’ Forum for the Education of Adults (LEAFEA) promotes the development of adult learning in and by local authorities in England. Its members are Heads of Service and others with key strategic roles.
Nationally, LEAFEA carries out its function by:
- Representing the views of local authority adult learning officers to government departments and agencies (e.g. Ofsted, Education and Skills Funding Agency), non-departmental governmental bodies, LGA, etc.
- Communicating and receiving information about adult learning regionally and nationally
- Supporting local authority officers in the strategic planning and delivery of adult learning
LEAFEA is overseen by an Executive Committee made up of regional representatives which meets termly. Each year, it runs two national conferences which offer members an opportunity to:
- Hear about emerging policies, practice and research
- Meet representatives of government departments and key national organisations
- Come together and engage in dialogue and share experiences and learning on current issues
- Send messages to government departments and other agencies
Regional LEAFEA meetings are convened regularly to allow members to share practice and support to address issues within their local area.
Chair: Lynsi Hayward Smith, Cambridgeshire
For further information please contact Susan Charlish.